How Do I Obtain A Death Certificate?
A certified death certificate is an official document that records the date and specific circumstances of a person's death.
Florida also has two formats for a Death Certificate:
- Long-Form – Lists Cause of Death
- Short Form – Omits Cause of Death
Who will need a death certificate?
- Probating estates
- Insurance claims
- Social Security
- Veterans' benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Banks and other financial services companies
How many death certificates do I need?
- This will depend on your individual situation. It's a good idea to obtain at least two (2).
- Some organizations will not accept a photocopy: they will want an original document.
Sunshine Cremation staff will assist you in obtaining any requested certified copies of death certificates or you can order online via the Vital Check website.
9070 Kimberly Boulevard
Boca Raton, FL 33434
© 2022 Sunshine Cremation Services LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Privacy Notice.
All Funeral Services will be provided by either Sunshine Cremation Services or its parent company Kronish, Sunshine & Co., a licensed funeral establishment. This website is for informational purposes only. No funeral services are being offered and sold herein.