A New Day For Low-Cost Dental Care.
Posted in Blogs, Consumer, Cremation, Cremation Cost, Cremation Myths, Death Care Industry, Funeral Planning, Health, Life, PrePlanning
Dentists Can Stop Tooth Decay In Minutes Without Using A Drill.
Do you know anyone who likes going to the dentist to get their teeth drilled? I don’t.
As it turns out, for my entire life there has been a safe and effective alternative to arresting tooth decay that didn’t require a dental drill or pain. This treatment has been used in many countries for decades (for example it has been used in Japan for more than 80 years) and now is available in the US.
The alternative is called Silver Diamine Fluoride and it is a liquid that is painted onto tooth decay. It takes less than 1 minute and $1 to get treated (not including the dentist’s fee).
Silver Diamine Fluoride
Silver Diamine Fluoride is safe and immediately stops tooth decay without the need to have your dentist take out a drill.
The only drawback is that after treatment, the affected area turns black and needs to be restored to a white color, which is also a quick, easy, and inexpensive treatment.
According to an article published in the Dental Clinics of North America, Silver Diamine Fluoride “…meets the US Institute of Medicine’s 6 quality aims of being:
1) Safe—clinical trials that have used it in more than 3800 individuals have reported no serious adverse events;
2) Effective—arrests approximately 80% of treated lesions;
3) Efficient—can be applied by health professionals in different health and community settings with minimal preparation in less than 1 minute;
4) Timely—its ease of application can allow its use as an intervention agent as soon as the problem is diagnosed;
5) Patient-centered—is minimally invasive and painless, meeting the immediate needs of a child or adult in 1 treatment session;
6) Equitable—its application is equally effective and affordable; with the medicament costing less than $1 per application, it is a viable treatment for lower-income groups.
Costing only $1 per application is important for seniors on limited incomes (Medicare does not cover dental care).
If you would like to learn more about Silver Diamine Fluoride, click here, here, here, here, here or here
9070 Kimberly Boulevard
Boca Raton, FL 33434
© 2022 Sunshine Cremation Services LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Privacy Notice.
All Funeral Services will be provided by either Sunshine Cremation Services or its parent company Kronish, Sunshine & Co., a licensed funeral establishment. This website is for informational purposes only. No funeral services are being offered and sold herein.
Leave a Comment